Government launches First 5, A Whole-of-Government Strategy for Babies, Young Children and their FamiliesThe Government has today unveiled ‘First 5’, Ireland’s first ever cross-Departmental strategy to support babies, young children and their families.
The ambitious ten-year plan will deliver:
1. A broader range of options for parents to balance working and caring
2. A new model of parenting support
3. New developments in child health, including a dedicated child health workforce
4. Reform of the Early Learning and Care (ELC) system, including a new funding model
5. A package of measures to tackle early childhood poverty
Please click the following to view the full press release on the DCYA website: