PIP announcement 17/04/2018: Early Years Service Profile 2017/18 - LIVE
What is the Early Years Service Profile?
- The Early Years Service Profile is an annual survey completed by early years service providers. The survey is developed by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs and Pobal in consultation with key stakeholders and it is the primary source of data on the Irish early years sector.
- The data provided by all respondents is critical to understanding and mapping trends in the sector and is used by Government to inform future policy and planning at both local and national levels.
- Services are asked to complete the service profile for each facility (i.e. one for each DCYA Reference).
What data is collected through the Early Years Service Profile?
A wide range of data is collected in the service profile. This data is categorised under four main headings: Service Details and Provision, Capacity and Attendance, Child Protection & Staffing (numbers, qualification, level of turnover, etc.)
Who will have access to this data?
Data will be made available to:
- Government Departments (e.g. Department of Education and Skills Early Years Inspectorate)
- Organisations conducting research and analysis on behalf of Government Departments
- Statutory agencies (e.g. Tusla Early Years Inspectorate)
- Better Start Early Years Specialist Service
- City/County Childcare Committees
Data on capacity and attendance may also be shared with Local Authorities to inform local planning and development priorities.
Data may also be combined with findings from other surveys of the early years sector conducted on behalf of the Department of Children and Youth Affairs.
Summary data will also be shared with a range of organisations for research and statistical purposes. For more information about sharing of summary data, please read Section 0. Intro in your service profile.
Where can I access the survey?
When you login to the PIP portal, you will land on the ‘Service’ page which contains a link to the ‘Early Years Service Profile 2017/2018.’
What is the deadline for completing this survey?
The deadline for completing your survey is 5pm on Friday 27th April.
How long will it take to complete the Service Profile?
The length of time it takes to complete the survey depends on the size of your service, the number of staff and number of children enrolled. Based on feedback from previous years, it should take between 30 minutes to an hour to complete a survey. The service profile contains a ‘Save as Draft’ function so that it can be completed in more than one sitting.
Are guidelines available for filling out the form?
- The Early Years Service Profile 2017/2018 Guidelines provides helpful tips for completing your survey.
You can also find these guidelines in the How to Guides section in PIP Resources.
Who do we contact for help?
If your service has any questions about the Early Years Service Profile, please contact the Pobal Helpdesk at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01 511 7222
We thank you for your co-operation in completing your service profile and we appreciate your contribution to improving our knowledge of the early years sector.