What is a childminder?
A Childminder cares for a small group of children of mixed ages in the childminder’s own home.
Childminders offer a flexible service, tailored to each child, thereby helping parents and guardians to balance their work and family commitments. A Childminder negotiates and agrees her/his terms with parents. Childminders have sole responsibility for the health, safety and wellbeing of each child entrusted to their care.
Benefits of becoming a childminder
- If you enjoy working with children, why not consider becoming a Childminder?
- Childminding can offer you an opportunity to:
- Earn a living by caring for other people’s children in your own home
- Become self-employed
- Offer the National Childcare Scheme (NCS)
- Stay at home and care for your own children as well as caring for others
- Avail of the Childcare Services Relief with Revenue
- Avail of information, networking and training supports from your local City / County Childcare Committee (CCC)
- Access the Childminding Development Grant and other funding opportunities
- Meet other Childminders in your area and get to know your local community
If you are a childminder or are interested in becoming a childminder, Galway Childcare Committee provides a number of supports such as network and training events, setting up your service, policies and procedures as well as funding opportunities and ongoing support. Contact us to receive these helpful guides and more...
The aim of this Action Plan is to improve access to high quality affordable early learning and care and school-age childcare through childminding. To do this, the action plan sets out an incremental and supportive pathway to regulation. This will enable more childminders to access Government subsidies, making their services more affordable to parents. It will also enable them to access a variety of supports to assist them in meeting regulatory and quality requirements.
The new childminding webpage www.gov.ie/childminding is now live. On the website you can find the following information;
- National Action Plan for Childminding (2021 to 2028) Click here for more information
- Information for childminders on the National Action Plan for Childminding (2021 to 2028)
- Link to National Action Plan for Childminding (2021 to 2028) Facebook page
NAPC video GA - Click Here - Click here
Please contact us on 091 752039 or email email@example.com for more information...