- ELC/SAC Child Safeguarding Concerns Form
Please see the following Memo from Tusla in relation to Garda vetting for Community services:
From December 11, 2017 Early Years Services including staff, service owners, board of management and volunteers have new legal obligations under the Children First Act 2015.
Here are some resources that may be of use for services:
- A Guide for the Reporting of Child Protection and Welfare Concerns | Treoir maidir le hImní faoi Chosaint agus Leas Leanaí a Thuairisciú
- Best Practice Principles for Organisations in Developing Children First Training Programmes | Prionsabail Dea-Chleachtais d’Eagraíochtaí chun Cláir Oiliúna Tús Áite do Leanaí a Fhorbairt
- E-Learning : Introduction to Children First. Everyone in the sector including all owners, boards of management and early years staff are being asked to complete this online course which provides introductory information on child protection and mandated reporting.
- The E-learning course can be accessed through either of these links : http://www.tusla.ie/children-first/children-first-e-learning-programme
- Always Children First Child Protection Training: The e-learning module is an introductory course on child protection and includes information on mandated reporting. In addition to this early years services will continue to be offered child protection training through the Childcare Committees.
- Children First National Guidance for the Protection & Welfare of Children. The new Guidance includes information on the new legal requirements and contains important information for professionals working with children and organisations providing services to children. Everyone working in an early years service should read and be familiar with the guidance document.
- Guidance on Developing a Child Safeguarding Statement | Treoir maidir le Ráiteas um Chosaint Leanaí a Fhorbairt
- Mandated Assisting Protocol for Tusla Staff | Prótacal Cúnta faoi Shainordú d’Fhoireann Tusla
- Child Safeguarding: A Guide for Policy, Procedure and Practice (2nd Edition)
- Joint Working Protocol for An Garda Síochána/ Tusla – Child and Family Agency Liaison | Comhphrótacal Oibre d'ldirchaidreamh idir An Garda Síochána/ Tusla agus an Ghníomhaireacht um Leanaí agus an Teaghlach
- The Children First Act and Mandated Reporting - What it means for Foster Carers
- Child Protection and Welfare Practice Handbook 2
- Social Work and Signs of Safety - Information Leaflets for Children, Parents and Professionals
- Child Protection and Welfare Report Form (CPWRF) Select Word or PDF version: CPWRF Guidance Notes
- Foirm Thuairisce ar Chosaint agus Leas Leanaí Select Word or PDF version Foirm Thuairisce ar Chosaint agus Leas Leanaí (CPWRF) – Treoirnótaí
- A number of other useful documents can be found at www.tusla.ie