Please click here for a list of Parent and Toddler groups in Galway City and County.
Parents Plus Programme: Parents programmes running in February in Galway West 0-6 yrs and 6-12yrs. Please contact Eileen O Toole 515615 with names. Click here for more information.
"Quality Time is Playtime"
Click here to read a recent article by Galway City & County Childcare Committee, on how parents can support their children's play and inturn experience the true meaning of "Quality Time":
Parent & Toddler Group Initiative Grants 2016
Galway Childcare Committee no longer approve Parent & Toddler grants, but will instead appraise funding applications before submitting to Pobal for approval.
Please include your Bank details with the application.
To apply for funding you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Applications should be made by Parent & Toddler Groups that are organised on a not-for-profit basis and involve the participation of parents in the community.
- They are completed in full and include adequate information on all sections. (Recently formed groups are not required to complete the section on finances.)
- Groups funded in 2015 must have completed and returned all progress reports and cheque acknowledgement forms.
- Bank statement / credit union statement for 2015 required with application form.
- Please retain all receipts, as receipts to the value of the grant must be submitted to Galway City and County Childcare Committee.
Funding will be considered for the following:
• Toys, equipment and books
• Children’s activities, e.g. arts and crafts, music and movement
• Limited funding may be available towards insurance, rent, training or minor refurbishment.
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
• They do not include adequate information, i.e. all sections of the application form must be completed. (Recently formed groups are not required to complete the section on finances.)
• The request for funding is solely towards the cost of outings, once off events or parties.
• The group meets in a person’s private home.
• The group has adequate funding, including large grants in the previous year..
How to apply:
Please complete the application form using clear block writing, ensuring that all sections are completed and the application is signed by a committee member. Simple financial records are important for groups in receipt of grants as they offer protection for all involved. However, newly formed groups do not need to provide a financial record until they are in existence for one year.
Contact Galway Childcare Committee at 091 752039 to learn about closing date for Parent & Toddler Group Grant applications.
The applicatin form may be photocopied, if required. Send it to:-
Grants for Parent & Toddler Groups
Galway Childcare Committee
9b Liosban Retail Centre
Ph: 091 752039 Fax: 091 735701