Parent & Toddler Group Initiative Grants 2013
Galway City & County Childcare Committee no longer approve Parent & Toddler grants, but will instead appraise funding applications before submitting to Pobal for approval.
The closing date for your application is Friday, March 29th 2013. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
Please include your Bank details with the application.
To apply for funding you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Applications should be made by Parent & Toddler Groups that are organised on a not-for-profit basis and involve the participation of parents in the community.
- They are completed in full and include adequate information on all sections. (Recently formed groups are not required to complete the section on finances.)
- Groups funded in 2012 must have completed and returned all progress reports and cheque acknowledgement forms.
- Bank statement / credit union statement for 2012 required with application form.
- Please retain all receipts, as receipts to the value of the grant must be submitted to Galway City and County Childcare Committee.
Funding will be considered for the following:
• Toys, equipment and books
• Children’s activities, e.g. arts and crafts, music and movement
• Limited funding may be available towards insurance, rent, training or minor refurbishment.
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
• They do not include adequate information, i.e. all sections of the application form must be completed. (Recently formed groups are not required to complete the section on finances.)
• The request for funding is solely towards the cost of outings, once off events or parties.
• The group meets in a person’s private home.
• The group has adequate funding, including large grants in the previous year..
Application forms to be returned to Galway City & County Childcare Committee by Friday, 29 March 2013
How to apply:
Please complete the application form, using clear block writing, ensuring that all sections are completed and the application is signed by a committee member. Simple financial records are important for groups in receipt of grants as they offer protection for all involved. However, newly formed groups do not need to provide a financial record until they are in existence for one year.
Contact Galway City & County Childcare Committee at 091 752039 to learn about closing date for Parent & Toddler Group Grant applications.
The applicatin form may be photocopied, if required. Send it to:-
Grants for Parent & Toddler Groups
Galway City & County Childcare Committee
9b Liosban Retail Centre
Ph: 091 752039 Fax: 091 735701