Welcome to Galway City & County Childcare Committee
The key goal of Galway City & County Childcare Committee is to coordinate the implementation of National Childcare Policy at local level on behalf of the Department of Children and Youth Affairs.
- to coordinate and assist the development of quality childcare services.
- to implement DCYA-funded schemes at local level.
- to administer grant applications and oversee the implementation of DCYA-funded schemes.
- to coordinate the provision of accredited training and in-service training for childcare providers/staff.
- to provide information and resources for childcare providers, parents and the general public.
- to promote inclusion of children with disabilities, and children from ethnic minorities including children from the Traveller Community in childcare services.
- to participate in the development and delivery of interagency family support initiatives that promote social inclusion.